Phat Rides Custom Cycles is committed to supporting the motorcycle community and those people who are trying to make a difference within it. With 2012 here, we are currently taking on two projects that seek to empower others through knowledge.
- Phat Rides Custom Cycles is now offering classes to support women riders. Beginning February 2012, women riders can take free classes on a variety of topics. Please contact Mike Savage at Phat Rides to find out more information. The dates for the classes will be listed on the Phat Rides calendar on the home page.
- The Helping with Horsepower™ team, led by land speed record holder Laura Klock, has selected Linda McCartney to pilot the Helping with Horsepower™ Bike Re-Build Program through the Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County. Bonnie Brummett will work with Linda to facilitate the Helping with Horsepower™ Bike Re-build program developed by Klock. The program is already recognized and supported by many motorcycle industry leaders including, Klock Werks Kustom Cycles, Gear Wrench, Mustang Seats and Vance & Hines. Several local sponsors including Phat Rides CC and Rowleys Collision Experts have already stepped up to help out with the Colorado program. The Helping with Horsepower™ Bike Re-Build Program will bring a group of at-risk girls together to rebuild a damaged motorcycle, a project that will teach the girls invaluable lessons about teamwork, planning, work ethics and self-esteem, while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County.
- About The Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County provides an environment that helps kids develop to their full potential with life-changing programs and a caring, dedicated staff. Activities and programs are designed to teach principles and ethics, and build confidence and character while learning the importance of getting an education. The Boys and Girls Club staff is there every day, when kids are the least supervised and the most vulnerable – the after-school hours from 2:30 to 7:00 M-F, and all day during the summer and other school breaks.
- About Helping with Horsepower™ Bike Re-Build CO Team
- Linda McCartney is the Owner/Editor of Thunder Roads Colorado. She purchased her first street bike in 2000, and in 2003 she left her long, successful corporate career, then started Thunder Roads Colorado in 2004. Linda’s professional background includes Management, Leadership, Interpersonal Communications, Teambuilding and Training. Her favorite charities and events include our military, children and women riders.
- Bonnie Brummett, born and raised in Loveland, Co is a successful business owner for over 17 years. She owns Mane Street and Company Salon in Loveland, CO. Bonnie has a passion for 2 wheels and handlebars. She took to riding motorcycles naturally, first on an H-D Sportster, before opting for a 1995 H-D Dyna Wideglide, her ride of choice for the past 6 years. She and her husband Dan enjoy riding together whenever they can. Her resume includes serving as a pit crewmember for her racing champion husband Dan at the Sturgis AHDRA (All Harley Drag Racing Association) Drag Races. Bonnie has always done volunteer and community work of some kind. She believes that it is important to help others in any way we are able. Her education includes 3 years of college psychology.
- An informational page will be set up soon on the Thunder Roads of Colorado website where you can learn more about them and their special Helping with Horsepower Bike Rebuild Project as it progresses.